I love avocados and they are so good for you. This simple lunch is really easy to whip up in no time and makes an extravagant bite without spending too many pennies.
Avocados are not only good for you; they are also rich and creamy so taste delicious too. They contain good fats, which contribute towards a healthy heart. They are also great for the skin and fill you up so you are not reaching for the chocolate!
Here is my easy and tasty recipe below.
1 ripe avocado
two slices of ciabatta bread
olive oil for drizzling
a squeeze of lemon juice (I use a bottle of squeezy lemon juice)
a couple of pinches of dill
- First cut your avocado. To do this, make an incision with a sharp knife and be careful to slice all the way around the stone so that you are effectively cutting it in half (but not through the stone). Then twist the two halves of the avocado so that the come apart. Then cut into quarters. For the quarter left with the stone, pull the stone out carefully. Now peel each quarter (if the avocado is ripe then this should be easy). Now cut into slices.
- Cover the avocado with the lemon juice. Not only will this stop it from going brown but it will also give it flavour.
- Toast the ciabatta bread in a toaster or under the grill.
- Drizzle the toast with some olive oil
- Arrange the slices of avocado on the bread so it looks pretty and sprinkle with some dill. Simple!
This makes the perfect lunch or light dinner with salad and grilled chicken.