So sometimes life can be busy and when we work 9-5 during the week it can be hard to fit in time for cooking. You get home, tired, want to put your feet up….. But fear not! Here is a super speedy dessert you can whip up so quickly and it tastes delicious. Why not even impress your friends with it at a girly catch up. It can also be made ahead of time by mixing all the ingredients together except the meringue and storing in the fridge. Just mix the meringue when serving so that it stays crisp.
Recipe (makes 4 eton mess)
- 1 Carluccio raspberry swirl meringue (you can buy these in their restaurants). Alternatively use 4 baby shop bought supermarket meringues – Tesco do nice chewy ones!
- 300 ml double cream
- 1 tbsp of set honey
- a generous handful of berries or summer fruits (I like blueberries)
- 4 strawberries to decorate with
- Whip together the honey and the cream until soft peaks in a large bowl.
- Tear the meringue into bite size pieces and stir this into the whipped honey cream.
- Also stir in the berries.
- Divide into ramekins, bowls, or small dishes.
- Decorate with chopped strawberry pieces.