Everyone likes a chocolate treat now and again. These cupcakes are so gooey and perfect for a movie night or girly catch up. I’ve added extra chocolate chips to the recipe, just to make it even better!
Recipe (makes 4 large cupcakes)
- 55g dark chocolate (50% cocoa solids)
- 55g butter
- 55g caster sugar
- 55g self raising flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 40g milk chocolate chips
- Arrange 4 large cupcake cases in a cupcake tray.
- Measure out all the ingredients, combining the chocolate and butter in the same heatproof bowl.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in the microwave for 30-60 seconds, checking that it does not burn.
- While the chocolate mix is cooling slightly, whisk the eggs until light and frothy. Whisk in the sugar until pale and mousse like. An electric whisk is perfect for this.
- Gradually whisk in the chocolate mixture, milk and vanilla essence until well combined.
- Sieve and fold in the flour, so that it does not contain any lumps.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes in a preheated oven at 180o When a cocktail stick is inserted, it should come out clean.
- Leave the cupcakes in their cases to cool on a wired rack.
Mmm, the perfect chocolate treat. These are easy to whip up if popping round to a friend’s for dessert and they will be forever grateful. So why not try them?