I love gnocchi and especially with lots a veg. I once had it at a restaurant where they fried the gnocchi and it tasted so much better than the soggy overcooked version when over boiled. So now I pretty much always fry it when having it for dinner. I had a look what I had in my cupboards for this recipe and hey presto. Hope you like it and find it as tasty as I do!
Recipe (serves 2)
- 250g gnocchi
- 50g chorizo
- 100g asparagus
- squeeze of lemon
- 25g butter
- splash avocado oil
- salt and pepper
- serve with salad
- Remove the hard ends to the asparagus. These are woody and not as tasty to eat. You can tell where to do this as they naturally snap at this point. Cut the asparagus heads off and then cut the rest into discs.
- Boil the asparagus in microwave for about 4 minutes on full power.
- Cook the gnocchi in boiling water. This will only take a few minutes and they will float up to the surface when ready.
- Fry the cooked gnocchi in avocado oil. Add chorizo and 25g butter after a few minutes. Add a squeeze of lemon.
- Fry the ingredients until crispy.
- Toss in the asparagus and fry until heated through.
- Crunch in some salt and pepper.
- Serve with salad.
This is healthy and delicious. I know that gnocchi sometimes comes in bigger packets, but I freeze what I don’t need and then I can defrost it and use it another day! Why not try some other flavours out? Scallops work well with gnocchi, as well as tarragon butter.
Follow my blog on twitter @sophlaetitia