I have another food recipe for you that is my new tasty discovery! The recipe is a Leon one with a few tweaks depending on what I had in my cupboards….
The weather is so gorgeous at the moment and because of that I’m loving salads. Not only are they quick to throw together but they taste so fresh and healthy. I recently bought a Leon salads recipe book for my mum’s birthday and I had a sneaky peek before I gave it to her and found this feta salad. I thought it was only best to try it out! The feta is coated in breadcrumbs and tastes very much like fried halloumi. I love cheese and so this is a perfect dinner for me.
Recipe (serves 2)
½ cucumber, peeled and sliced
½ red onion, sliced
6 cherry tomatoes, halved
½ red pepper, deseeded and sliced
a few basil leaves, roughly chopped
12 green olives
100g feta cheese
2 tbsp. plain flour
1 egg, beaten
2 tbsp. panko breadcrumbs
3 tbsp. olive oil
3 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
1 clove garlic, crushed
a pinch of dried oregano
- First whisk all the dressing ingredients together until well combined.
- Prepare the vegetables for the salad and leave in a large bowl until later.
- Cut the feta into two equal sized rectangular pieces. Coat in the flour, egg and then breadcrumbs. If you have enough ingredients left repeat the egg and breadcrumb steps again so that you get a lovely thick coating.
- Pan fry for a couple of minutes in shallow oil. Make sure you turn them halfway. You want a hot pan for this. I turn the heat up high to get the pan hot and then turn the heat down when I had the cheese. This works for me with my electric hob.
- When the feta is done, drain on some kitchen paper.
- Dress the salad and serve between the two plates. Place the feta on top.
I really love this recipe. In fact the whole of “Leon Happy Salads” book looks AMAZING and so I will have to purchase it for my bookshelf! There are so many salads and different ideas in there as oppose to your standard lettuce, tomato and cucumber variations.
P.S. I am going to be blogging EVERY DAY next week so stay tuned for some blogs heading your way. I hope you like them! I’ve got beauty, food and lifestyle covered all in one week so make sure you don’t miss them!