Day 5 of Blogmas brings you a vegan comfort meal! This can be used as a side dish or as part of a meal serving 2 people. I like to have mine with garlic bread or potato wedges for a filling winter dinner. The creamy texture is created by soaking cashew nuts and blending them into a dreamy sauce. I used Violife vegan cheese in this recipe and it was yummy! The result is so yummy and a recipe I hope to make again after Blogmas. Let me know if you end up making this dish! I hope you love it too!
- Preheat the oven to 180o
- Wash the cauliflower and cut up into small chunks.
- Place the cauliflower on a baking tray and add a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Blend together in a food processor the cashew nuts, almond milk, mustard, turmeric powder, nutritional yeast, nutmeg and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Blend until a nice creamy consistency.
- Place the baked cauliflower into an ovenproof dish. Cover with the creamy sauce and sprinkle the vegan cheese on top.
- Bake the dish in the oven for 25 minutes and serve.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe!
A Note from me…
This year for Blogmas, my motivation is to raise awareness of the incredible charity MIND.
This marvellous charity does so much to support people suffering from mental health. With ongoing pressures from social media and a million other stresses these days, it is more important than ever to look after our health. As an anxiety sufferer myself, charities like these make such a difference to supporting people that need a voice to listen to and supply tools to help them through difficult circumstances. You can take a look at their website to see the amazing things they do and to take a look at the resources available online to help those needing extra help this Christmas. The winter season can be very difficult with people suffering from anxiety and depression. I would absolutely love it if you could donate something (however small) to this charity as a thank you to me for posting Christmas blogs this Blogmas. I really hope we can raise money and awareness for this stunning cause.