I’m loving lighter meals at the moment. I think because spring is here, the evenings are lighter and it just generally feels more fresh outside. Wraps are such a great lunch or dinner and so hence the vegetable wraps. This recipe is based on a Waitrose one and not only is it so healthy for you, it is packed full of flavour. I will definitely be making it again!
Recipe (serves 2)
1/2 tbsp. sunflower oil
1/2 small onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
200g black beans drained and rinsed in water
1 tsp paprika
110g tendersteam broccoli, halved
½ avocado or 1 baby avocado
juice of ½ lime
½ red chilli, finely chopped
75g cherry tomatoes chopped into quarters
small handful of chopped coriander
50g grated cheddar cheese
frying pan or wok
- Fry the onions on a gentle heat until softened. Add the garlic for another minute and then stir in the beans and paprika.
- Cook this for another 3 minutes, add a little water and mash it with a potato masher until a soft paste is formed. Put into a bowl until ready to use.
- Boil the broccoli in a pan of water for 3-4 minutes. Alternatively, boil in the microwave in a Pyrex dish. Drain and place in a bowl.
- Scoop out the flesh of the avocado and mash with a fork, along with the lime. Lime helps the avocado stay green! Lemon and balsamic vinegar also do the same job. Stir in the chopped chilli, tomatoes and coriander.
- Now the fun part! Warm the tortillas in the microwave for 10-20 seconds. Place half the bean paste in the centre of each one. Top with half the broccoli and avocado mix. Finally add some grated cheese. Mmm.
Eating healthy doesn’t have to be a chore! This is also a quick meal and tastes so fresh!
Follow my blog on twitter @sophlaetitia