I love mulled wine in winter and it really does make me feel all festive! There is something about winter spices that just warms me inside and makes me feel all cosy. This year I decided to make some homemade mulled wine and it was delicious! Why not have a go at making a batch and invite friends over for festive drinks that won’t cost an arm and a leg?
Hope you enjoy this recipe! Let me know if you make it or what other ingredients you like to add to your wine!
Recipe (serves 6)
1 bottle red wine
1 pint of cold water
1 star anise
1 cinnamon stick
1 ½ lemons
75g caster sugar
- Peel the orange and lemon zest to create thin strips. Then juice the fruit and set aside.
- Place the cloves into the clementine.
- Heat the water, zest peelings, studded clementine, juice, spices and wine over a medium heat until it has been brought up to the boil. Then simmer on a low heat for 30-60 minutes depending on how infused you want the flavour to be.
- Stir in the sugar and dissolve that into the hot liquid.
- Strain the wine and pour into glasses with a little citrus garnish.