Blogmas Festive Granola Recipe

Christmas is all about those spices and indulging in yummy luxury ingredients. I love using pecans and brazil nuts at this time of year. Cinnamon is also one of those festive flavours that adds a cheeky sweetness during the dark winter mornings.  I have therefore created a subtly but warmly spiced granola that will feel like such a treat at breakfast time! This recipe should keep you going for many breakfasts…. depending on how many helpings you have!

Recipe

• 400g oats
  • 3 tbsp maple syrup
  • 50g brazil nuts
  • 50g walnuts
  • 50g almonds
  • 50g pecans
  • 2 tsp vanilla essence
  • 2 ½ tbsp coconut oil
  • 2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 2 tsp mixed spice
  • 125g cranberries

Method

• Preheat the oven to 180°C.
  • Melt the coconut oil in a microwave or a small saucepan.
  • Roughly chop the nuts and mix all the ingredients together (except for the cranberries) in a large bowl. I recommend using half jumbo and half porridge oats for a varied texture.
  • Line a baking tray with parchment paper and pat the mixture down on the tray with the back of a spoon.
  • Bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes.
  • Stir the mixture and then bake for a further 5-10 minutes until golden but not too dark.
  • Leave the granola to cool completely.
  • Stir in the cranberries and store the granola in an airtight container.

I hope you enjoyed this granola recipe. It is really delicious and I am already expecting to have to make my next batch very soon!

1. 14th December 2017 / 9:59 am

Yum looks absolutely delicious! and so healthy…

• sophlaetitia
      Author
      14th December 2017 / 11:02 am

Aww thank you! I love making granola and this is one of my favourite recipes! I normally put cacao powder in my homemade granolas but I fancied trying something more festive and it is really yummy hehe!

• 15th December 2017 / 9:59 am

Mmm I love cacao powder, I’ll definitely give that a try!

• sophlaetitia
        Author
        15th December 2017 / 10:42 am

Yay! I hope you like it!

2. 15th December 2017 / 11:17 am

Yummy I love granola so much! I have a recipe on my blog for festive granola as well, but I just used cashews- All of the nuts in yours sound yummy.

• sophlaetitia
      Author
      15th December 2017 / 12:21 pm

Thank you! Ooooh I will have to check out your recipe too! Cashews are so yummy. I need to buy some as I have run out! They are the perfect snack!

3. kattieh
    21st January 2018 / 11:38 am

This sounds really tasty! I’m moving soon and one of my plans is to start making my own granola etc and store it in cute jars too ? so I found this post at the perfect time!

• sophlaetitia
      Author
      23rd January 2018 / 12:01 pm

I hope the move goes well! Thank you – I love spices and nuts in granola and making it yourself tastes SO MUCH BETTER than shop bought ones I find! Let me know if you make it and what you think of the recipe if you do!