Christmas is all about those spices and indulging in yummy luxury ingredients. I love using pecans and brazil nuts at this time of year. Cinnamon is also one of those festive flavours that adds a cheeky sweetness during the dark winter mornings. I have therefore created a subtly but warmly spiced granola that will feel like such a treat at breakfast time! This recipe should keep you going for many breakfasts…. depending on how many helpings you have!
- 400g oats
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 50g brazil nuts
- 50g walnuts
- 50g almonds
- 50g pecans
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 ½ tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- 125g cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Melt the coconut oil in a microwave or a small saucepan.
- Roughly chop the nuts and mix all the ingredients together (except for the cranberries) in a large bowl. I recommend using half jumbo and half porridge oats for a varied texture.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and pat the mixture down on the tray with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Stir the mixture and then bake for a further 5-10 minutes until golden but not too dark.
- Leave the granola to cool completely.
- Stir in the cranberries and store the granola in an airtight container.
I hope you enjoyed this granola recipe. It is really delicious and I am already expecting to have to make my next batch very soon!