Welcome back to another Blogmas blog! Baking is one of my favourite things to do during the colder months, but I wanted to create something a little more magical for Blogmas. The combination of vanilla and ground almonds in these cupcakes is delicious but if you can’t eat nuts then you can just replace the almonds with more self-raising four. I wanted to create an extra special topping and discovered this Marshmallow Fluff which looked perfect! Sprinkled with a generous handful of coconut was the perfect way to create a snowy effect. I really hope you like them! Let me know what you think in the comments and if you end up making them!
Recipe (makes 18 cupcakes)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100g self-raising flour
- 75g ground almonds
- 175g caster sugar
- 175g butter at room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ tbsp. milk
- 160g marshmallow fluff
- 50g desiccated coconut
- Preheat the oven to 170oC
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Slowly add in the eggs, milk, and vanilla essence so that the mixture does not curdle.
- Fold in the flour, ground almonds and baking powder.
- Line a 2 x 12 case muffin tray with 18 cupcake cases. Use an ice cream scoop to dollop the mixture between the cases. The cupcake mix should not be more than 2/3 of each case, as the cakes will not cook as uniform otherwise.
- Bake at 170oC for 20-25 mins. They are done when they are golden on top and are bouncy to touch.
- Leave the cakes to cool completely on a wired cooling rack.
- When the cakes are cool, spoon about 1 dessert spoon of marshmallow fluff on top of each cupcake, using a palette knife to smooth the surface neatly.
- Decorate the cakes with a generous sprinkling of desiccated coconut.
Will you be baking this Christmas?