I’ve been thinking about coming up with different lunch ideas lately. I asked on Twitter if anyone would recommend anything and almond butter tofu came up. I thought this sounded amazing, so I decided to create my own salad recipe full of yummy ingredients. I really hope you enjoy it and let me know if you end up making it!
- Cook the quinoa per the packet instructions and set aside to cool.
- Heat a little olive oil for frying on a medium heat. Mix the almond butter and sesame oil together and set aside. Add the tofu to the hot pan and also add the almond butter and sesame oil mix. Fry until the tofu is starting to brown. Leave to cool.
- Wilt the spinach and set aside.
- Cook the edamame beans per the packet instructions or buy already cooked ones.
- Make the dressing by mixing together the honey, balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Also add a little black pepper and salt.
- Assemble the salad by placing the quinoa and spinach into the dishes first. Then mix together in a bowl the almond butter tofu and edamame beans. Add this to the dishes.
- Sprinkle the cashew nuts on and drizzle over the dressing.