I recently tried HelloFresh for a week and was really impressed. If you haven’t heard of them, they send you ingredients and recipes for your week ahead and the excitement and stress-free nature of it is amazing. Whilst I really loved it, I can’t afford this luxury all the time and so wanted to create my own version of their sweet potato bake. I really love the way HelloFresh make vegetarian food so flavoursome and wanted to capture a little of that here. The result was delicious and didn’t take that long to make.
Recipe (serves 2)
1 large sweet potato
1 red chilli
generous sprinkle of paprika
generous squeeze of lemon juice
smidgen of salt and pepper
½ tin of black beans drained
200g feta cheese
small handful of mint
small handful of basil and extra for garnishing
1 red pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180o
- Wash and cut the sweet potato and red pepper into about 2cm cubes. No need to peel the potato!
- Place on a baking tray and drizzle with oil and sprinkle on a little salt and pepper. Cook in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes until cooked.
- Meanwhile, dice the shallots and chilli. Roughly chop the mint and basil.
- Fry the shallots and chilli until tender with some oil (I love to use avocado oil because it has a lower smoke point than olive oil).
- Add the black beans and cook for another couple of minutes.
- When the potato and pepper are cooked, add the shallots, chilli, beans, mint and basil on top and mix through. Also add the lemon juice, paprika and crumble 2/3 of the feta on top. Grill for about 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve in pasta bowls and top with some fresh basil and the rest of the feta cheese crumbled on top.
If you are organised, this meal can be made in half an hour! I think it is so delicious and I really feel like I am putting good tasting healthy food into my body to fuel my mind. Let me know what you think and if you have any other ideas for tasty vegetarian meals!
Follow my blog on twitter @sophlaetitia