As its GBBO bread week I felt it was only keeping to blog about my homemade pizza recipe. I love making pizza from scratch and it tastes so much better than shop or takeaway ones as you can flavour it how you wish. I kept it simple with cheese and tomato. Sometimes simple is best…..
Recipe (makes one large pizza)
300g strong bread flour
7g sachet of dried yeast
1 ½ tsp salt
3 tbsp. olive oil
175ml warm water
½ diced red onion
2-3 cloves crushed garlic
avocado oil for frying
sprinkle of mixed herbs
200g fresh mozzarella (you can add more or less!)
2 large fresh tomatoes, sliced
basil leaves to decorate
- Mix the flour, yeast and salt in a large bowl. Try to put the yeast and salt on opposite sides to start with, so the salt does not kill the yeast.
- Make a well in the centre of the mix and add the oil and water. Gradually work this in with your hand until a ball is formed.
- Once in a ball, knead for 8 minutes by hand on a floured surface. Roll out and place on a pizza tray. Cover with oiled cling film and place in the fridge until ready.
- Prepare the sauce by frying the garlic and diced onion in a small pan. Add the passata and simmer for a few minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the mixed herbs. Spread all over the pizza, leaving a rim for the crust.
- Add the sliced tomatoes and finally all the cheese.
- Bake 15-20 mins 200 degrees Celsius in a preheated oven.
You can’t beat a cheese and tomato pizza!
P.S. I hope you are enjoying my daily blogs this week! I am enjoying making them!