Organising My Beauty

Organising and tidying can feel so satisfying. That feeling of neatness and space. Is anyone else like that? I just love organising my things, so they look more creative and are easier to find. It’s kind of like a form of meditation for me. I just love to organise things. It also makes me appreciate what I have and remember what I own.

The other week I decided to finally organise my makeup and beauty drawers which had been long overdue since our move last August! We found some great Ikea Draw Dividers and I was able to declutter and sort things into categories. I love how I can get to my beauty and makeup without hunting through numerous makeup bags and plastic bags. The draw dividers were such great value and so easy to assemble (if you can even call it assembling).

I’ve arranged my face items such as blusher, bronzer, foundation and contour together. I wanted to keep eye shadows in their own space so that’s one section. I’ve even got a new makeup products divider so that I remember which items I have yet to open or try. This is great for making sure you are up to date with use by dates. Did you know what makeup has an expiry date? Well the little pot symbol on the packaging symbolises the number of months once opened you should keep a makeup product for. Some skincare containing for example spf will not be as effective past the use by date. I must admit I wasn’t keen on getting rid of some powders as they were expensive to buy and I don’t have the money to repurchase an entire new array of makeup products but this has really taught me to make the most of my beauty and to not buy an excessive amount of products.

It is true we all buy more than we need. However, since Christmas when I reached a peak with my skincare particularly I have been gradually using up bits and saving a tonne of money using up miniatures instead of buying full sized versions of things. Let’s be honest, who has the time to go on numerous holidays that would entail using up lots of mini products? Not me. So, this little organisation process has taught me that it is great to appreciate what you have. I just love how easy and fun using my beauty products is now and after neatening up items and getting rid of / donating old or unused items I have actually freed up a bit of space also! Why not give it a go too?

1. 15th April 2018 / 5:07 pm

I know what you mean – it feels good! We recently went to a craft shop and I got a big plastic box with compartments, which I am now using for my make-up. It’s so much easier to find things. My skincare is more organised chaos, but I do generally know where things are. Still, perhaps a project for my next week off is to do something about tidying those drawers!

• sophlaetitia
      Author
      17th April 2018 / 2:23 pm

It really is so much easier to find things and makes me feel less stressed searching for things! I hope you get time to tackle your skincare – so satisfying!

2. 24th April 2018 / 1:41 pm

I love the look of a neat, organised makeup drawer! I need to get round to doing mine, but I’m dreading it!

carriefi.co.uk

• sophlaetitia
      Author
      24th April 2018 / 2:23 pm

You will feel so good after organising your makeup! Highly recommend it!

3. 3rd May 2018 / 12:21 pm

So satisfying! I also want to organize my make up (and get rid of everything that I don’t use!). I will buy those ikea racks! Your cupboard look just great!

• sophlaetitia
      Author
      3rd May 2018 / 4:12 pm

Getting rid of things is so life changing! When I had a clothes sort out I not only freed up space but now I’ve got some “wriggle room” in my wardrobe for hunting for the perfect outfit hehe!

4. 5th May 2018 / 2:29 pm

Honestly nothing feels better than just setting aside some time and doing some organising, I always dread it at first but I feel so much better afterwards when all of my things are all neat, tidy and organised 🙂

Julia // The Sunday Mode

• sophlaetitia
      Author
      8th May 2018 / 1:36 pm

Exactly! It’s a form of meditation to me!

5. 17th May 2018 / 12:48 am

Buying drawer dividers really changed the way I organized my makeup! I have some that are like little interlocking divider strips, but I love how yours look like little mini boxes you can take out whenever you want!

• sophlaetitia
      Author
      19th May 2018 / 6:04 pm

Drawer dividers are so good! The boxes came from Ikea and I couldn’t recommend them more. They also collapse so if you don’t need some because of awkward shapes that is great too!

6. 26th May 2018 / 5:05 pm

I love to see my vanity clean and tidy, but after doing a makeup look, it will look like a world war has just occured 😂 Then I’d left it for a day or two because I was mostly too tired or got no time, then clean it up like new hehe

• sophlaetitia
      Author
      29th May 2018 / 1:28 pm

Haha I can see how that can easily happen. I try to tidy the surfaces of my unit once a week but also find if I keep them in separate sections it’s a LOT easier!