What I Eat In A Day 5

I really felt like writing another What I Eat In A Day blog post. I find these types of blogs really interesting to read and I love getting ideas from other people. My diet is very varied although I would say I prefer eating more vegetarian / vegan themed foods. I was at home and went for local walks on this sunny day and it was the weekend. The food reflected more time spent making it more interesting. I hope you enjoy reading!

Breakfast

For breakfast I made some carrot cake porridge from Niomi Smartโ€™s cookbook Eat Smart. This plant-based cookbook is my bible of healthy eating and this recipe was purely delicious. I also had a cup of tea and plenty of water!

Lunch

For lunch, we had a tapas style meal with bread, olive oil and balsamic dips, salad and cheese & biscuits. It was delish! I also had lots of water again! I always drink so much water by the way! I never get it when people say they forget to drink as I am just a camel ha-ha!

Afternoon Snack

In the afternoon we went food shopping and saw these jackfruit and jack cheese pastry parcels so we decided to warm them in the oven and have them with a cup of tea. They were super yummy!

Dinner

We were so lucky with the weather that we ate dinner on the balcony. I made an asparagus risotto. You can find my recipe here, which I make very regularly and it really is the ultimate risotto comfort food in my opinion! I also had a glass of red wine as it was the weekend! One fact about me is that I prefer red wine to white!

Dessert

We also picked up a cheeky dessert when out food shopping. These dairy free milk chocolate ganache pots really finished the meal off nicely! I will have to buy those again. They are also only 100 calories which is great for a rich tasty dessert!

What do you eat in a day?

1. 6th July 2018 / 11:51 pm

It all looks super delicious!! I’ve never been a breakfast person (although I’ve always been sure to eat it) but that porridge might just turn me ๐Ÿ˜I’ll also have to have a go at that risotto for my family, do you know if the plastic pots for the chocolate mousse ganache are recyclable? If not I’ll have to give them a miss for the sake of the planet ๐Ÿ™ xx

emsirose.blogspot.com

• sophlaetitia
      Author
      7th July 2018 / 2:06 pm

Thank you! I really hope you like the risotto as it’s one of my favourites to make! Let me know if you make it! I know what you mean about plastic – it’s so bad how companies use so much of it! I’m pretty certain I recycled mine but yeah I guess it is still plastic! There are some really yummy recipes for a similar thing on Pinterest thought so I’m sure with some coconut cream and dark chocolate this could easily be recreated!

2. 14th July 2018 / 7:48 pm

Wow, I am digging that salad/lunch you had! I made it a goal this year to learn more about cooking and trying different food and this post is inspiring to make sure I follow through with that goal!

• sophlaetitia
      Author
      16th July 2018 / 11:12 am

Thank you so much! I’m such a foodie and love to eat a range of foods. So glad you liked my “What I Eat In A Day” post! Thanks so much for reading it! I’d definitely recommend trying lots of different foods as it makes eating so fun and exciting!

3. 2nd August 2018 / 12:04 pm

I love reading these kinds of posts and you eat a really good variety of foods, I love it! Plus these posts give me ideas about meals I can add into my own meal plans ๐Ÿ™‚

Julia // The Sunday Mode

• sophlaetitia
      Author
      2nd August 2018 / 12:13 pm

Thank you so much! This was a great tapas style day and that’s the sort of food I love to eat! I have no idea if all this is well balanced in terms of nutritional data but it feels balanced when I am eating it haha!