This recipe is so simple I was debating to even write about this. Then I thought “no, this is delicious and simple is good sometimes”. The combination of miso and mushrooms is heavenly, and I hope this gives you a healthy breakfast or lunchtime meal idea to whip up at home and feel like you are at a fancy café.
- Slice the mushrooms and heat a big pan with a little garlic oil in it. When the oil is heated, add the mushrooms and cook for a few minutes.
- Add a tiny dash of water and place the lid on the pan. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Take the lid off the pan.
- Add salt and pepper and the miso paste and finish cooking the mushrooms. At the same time put the bread on to toast in the toaster. I find it needs one toast on each top and bottom part of the bread because it is usually too long for the toaster. Always toast sourdough on a low setting as it burns easily.
- Butter the toast, add the cooked mushrooms mix and garnish with some fresh parsley.
- Bon appetit!
What else do you like on toast?