This blog post is an advertisement. This is a paid blog post and I have also been gifted the Schwartz Italian Herb Seasoning.
Schwartz have sent me their Italian Herb Seasoning for review, but all views are my own.
When I was approached to write a recipe blog post using some delicious dried herbs, it was a no brainer as to whether I would accept this paid opportunity. This blog started off as my space on the internet to share my recipe ideas and is at the root of what I love to write about. I just love creating new recipes and there is something fun about adapting our thoughts into making new and exciting dishes. Quick and easy meals are something we can all do, and this recipe is just that. It is definitely nutritious with all the protein and vegetables. This recipe is completely vegan too! I also loved using vegan crème fraiche, but you can substitute any ingredients for your favourites too.
One thing that really ties this whole dish together is the seasoning. The mixture of herbs is the perfect burst of flavour. The Schwarz Italian Herb Mix features Oregano, Thyme, Basil, Parsley, Sage, Black Pepper, and Bay Leaves. To me, these compliment each other so beautifully and they are just great with pasta dishes like these. Also, if you cannot buy pasta at the moment due to the current shortage in the shops, this dish works perfectly with rice, pitta bread or mashed potato. The main thing is the flavour and that is something this dish doesn’t lack. Flavour is everything in a dish and that’s something that can just lift a basic meal into a dinner you want to have again and again….
- Heat the avocado oil in a large pan on a low to medium heat. Make sure your pan has a lid to use later.
- Meanwhile, prepare the tofu but cutting it into small cubes about 1cm each side. When the oil is heated, add the tofu to the pan. You can test this by seeing if one piece of tofu sizzles when you add it. Cook for 10-15 minutes stirring when necessary to prevent it burning. You want the tofu to start to brown.
- While the tofu is cooking, wash the mushrooms and chop them into slices. Add these to the pan. Also use a garlic press or finely chop the garlic. Add this to the pan. Cook everything for 10 minutes.
- At the same time as this is cooking, start to cook the pasta as per the packet instructions. I used lentil pasta for extra protein in this recipe and it only took 8 minutes to cook, but if your pasta needs longer to cook, start this process sooner.
- After the mushrooms are cooked, add to the pan the vegan crème fraiche, salt and pepper, herbs and the stock cube mixed with 1 tbsp of boiling water. Also wash and add the spinach. Put the lid on the pan and leave the spinach to wilt down.
- After everything is cooked, mix the pasta in with the vegetable sauce and serve between 4 pasta bowls.
Have you tried Schwartz Italian Herb Seasoning before? Will you be incorporating it into more healthy, quick and simple recipes too like me?